The fertility crisis, with Dr Shanna Swan
On this episode of The Liz Earle Wellbeing Show, Liz is joined by Dr Shanna Swan, one of the world’s leading environmental and reproductive epidemiologists, to discuss the fertility crisis. She is also author of Count Down: How Our Modern World Is Threatening Sperm Counts, Altering Male and Female Reproductive Development, and Imperiling the Future of the Human Race.
In this eye-opening chat, Liz and Shanna discuss the decline in reproductive health and fertility around the world, as well as endocrine disruptors around our homes that may be affecting our hormones, plus how to protect our loved ones.
Inside this episode:
- Decline in reproductive health and fertility
- Inside endocrine disruptors
- Other lifestyle practices disrupting hormonal balance
- Pesticides and crops most laden with endocrine disruptors
- Declining rates of sperm count concentration and motility
- Hazards in home furnishings
- Effects on lifetime health
Links mentioned in this episode: