Win a break at The Retreat at Elcot Park worth £1065
Get away from it all at a welcoming rural escape, just 40 minutes from London.
We’ve got a two-night break at Elcot Park worth £1065 up for grabs!
About the prize
- A spa day for two
- Three-course dinner in 1772 Brasserie for two
- Two nights in a Culture Room with breakfast
Tucked into the rolling Berkshire hills, The Retreat is a chic 18th century country house hotel and spa, surrounded by 16-acres of stunning private grounds. Once the home of the Romantic poet Percy Bysshe Shelley, the red-brick hotel is situated between the historic towns of Hungerford and Newbury, and is the ideal gateway to countless local tourist attractions, from renowned stately homes to farm parks – all set against the backdrop of spectacular countryside. As the second venture from British hospitality brand The Signet Collection,
The Retreat at Elcot Park opened its doors in May 2022, following the success of The Mitre, opposite Hampton Court. Providing stunning views of the North Wessex Downs and proximity to famous attractions like Highclere Castle (the real Downton Abbey) and Newbury Racecourse, The Retreat’s unique blend of laid-back luxury has won well-deserved accolades.
Exceptional food is at the heart of The Retreat experience, with two fabulous restaurants – Yü, a pan-Asian fine-dining establishment with unmissable sushi, and 1772 Brasserie. Prize winners will dine at 1772 Brasserie, named after the date of the original house and located in the light, bright orangery with a bustling open kitchen. Choose from a menu packed with hearty modern British mains all given a delicious twist.
If relaxation is top of the agenda, head straight for the spa with its heated outdoor infinity pool, indoor hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room, gym and array of rejuvenating treatments. Float away mentally with an Ilia bespoke massage or literally in the salt floatation pod.
The 55 rooms and suites are fresh and modern with a playful nod to tradition. Think bold colour combinations, statement artwork and Pintrest-worthy
flourishes. Prize winners have two nights in a Culture Room, with a superking bed you’ll never want to leave and a dual-aspect view.
Borrow a pair of wellies from the Welly Wall to take a turn around the grounds or borrow one of the electric bikes. If visiting with younger friends or family, wander up to the walled garden to find the children’s play area, play board games in the Atlas Room or giant games on the lawn. Vent a competitive spirit on the tennis courts or lawn games, including croquet and boules.
Enter now for a chance to win an unforgettable stay at The Retreat, including a spa day for two, a threecourse dinner in 1772 Brasserie for two, and two nights in a Culture Room, complete with breakfast.
How to enter
Simply fill in your details below for a chance of winning.
Win a break at The Retreat at Elcot Park
Terms and conditions
- This competition is open to everyone except for Liz Earle Wellbeing and The Retreat at Elcot Park employees and contractors (and their families), their associated companies, agents and anyone directly connected with the organisation, and operators of its brands.
- Competition is open to UK and RoI residents aged 18 or over.
- The winner’s details will be shared with The Retreat at Elcot Park so that they can arrange their prize.
- A limit of one entry per person will apply.
- No bulk, third party or automated entries are accepted.
- No responsibility is accepted for any entries that are incomplete, lost or delayed or are unable to be handed in because of any technical fault or other reason.
- The start date of the competition is 1st January 2024 and the competition will close midnight 29th February 2024.
- One winner will be selected at random after the competition has closed and will each receive a break at The Retreat at Elcot Park, which includes: 1 x spa day for two, 1x three-course dinner in 1772 Brasserie for two, 2 x nights in a Culture Room with breakfast.
- Travel and transfers are not included as part of the prize. The winner is responsible for their own travel to and from The Retreat at Elcot Park.
- Dates must be confirmed with The Retreat at Elcot Park.
- The prize is subject to availability and must be booked and taken within 12 months of the winner being notified. The stay must be organised at least ten business days before the arrival date and excludes public holidays.
- The winner may be requested to take part in publicity.
- The prize is valid upon confirmation with The Retreat at Elcot Park. It must be accepted as awarded and is non-transferable. There is no cash alternative. The Retreat at Elcot Park reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. For additional services, fees and charges may apply.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for a cash prize and we reserve the right to replace the prize for one of equal value without notice.
- The winner will be contacted via email by the Liz Earle Wellbeing team. If no response is received by the Wellbeing team from the winner within one week of our email, we cannot guarantee that the prize will still be available.
- Whilst Liz Earle Wellbeing is collaborating with The Retreat at Elcot Park. in the administration of the prize draw, the prize is provided exclusively by The Retreat at Elcot Park. As such, Liz Earle Wellbeing cannot be held responsible for any issues arising from the prize and is not liable for any loss or damage suffered or incurred by the winner (or any other person) arising from or in connection with the prize. The supply and use of the prize will be governed by The Retreat at Elcot Park terms and conditions, which can be found here.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.