Liz’s savoury beauty bombs
These delicious savoury snacks are a great pick-me-up in the afternoon when you may be tempted to reach for a handful of crisps. Containing only 90 calories per bomb, they are a satisfying snack that provide the skin with a burst of beauty-boosting nutrients.
This recipe is taken from Liz’s bestselling book, ‘Skin’, which is full of delicious recipe plans and the ultimate wellbeing plan for radiant skin in 6 weeks. It can be bought here.
- 50g chickpeas, drained
- 50g walnuts
- 50g jumbo or rolled oats
- 50g peled and grated carrot
- 10g parsley
- Good pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
- Put the chickpeas, walnuts, oats, carrot and parsley in a food processor and whizz to blend everything together Season well and add the chilli flakes. Whizz again to combine, then taste to adjust the seasoning.
- Add the egg and blend again to mix the egg into other ingredients. Spoon the mixture into a bowl and divide into ten equal portions, each around 25g, and roll them into balls. Spread the sesame seeds on a plate and roll each ball in them.
- Space the balls well apart on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool, then enjoy. They’ll keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge, or wrap in cling film, store in an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 weeks.
Spring greens and coconut dahl recipe with coconut salsa