Breakfast muffin recipe for after your morning workout
Our breakfast muffin recipe is the perfect healthy start to your day. Full of protein, they’re ideal for enjoying after a morning workout. They’ll help you to feel sustained and nourished all morning long.
Eggs are one of our all-time health heroes. These wellbeing wonders are a rich source of selenium, vitamin D, B2, B6, B12 and minerals including zinc, iron and copper.
We love to make a batch of these delicious muffins. Once cool, you can store each breakfast muffin in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days. They’re especially ideal if you’re on the go. Busy families are sure to love them!
Subscribe for more inspiration from Liz Earle Wellbeing
You’ll find even more delights in our gorgeous print magazine. Built on over 30 years of Liz Earle’s personal, award-winning advice, experience and research, our much-loved, bi-monthly magazine brings you the best ways to look good and feel great. You’ll find each issue packed with tried-and-trusted recipes, inspirational ideas and simple ways to bring out the very best in you. Wellbeing wisdom you can trust is at the heart of all we do.
Discover more delicious recipes
- 2 chipolata sausages, cut into 4 chunks each
- 8 organic eggs
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350F/gas mark 4. Cook the sausage chunks under the grill, then set aside.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl, then mix in the oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mix between eight greased muffin-tray holes and add two chipolata chunks and two quarters of cherry tomato to each.
- Bake in the oven for ten to 12 minutes until firm.
- Leave to cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.