Liz’s rose petal granola recipe
Making granola at home is an easy and cost-efficient way to ensure you always have a delicious breakfast to hand. Liz’s rose petal granola recipe is a surefire way to brighten up your morning. This colourful bowlful looks as good as it tastes!
With as much as 25g of sugar per 100g, shop-bought granola can also be high in saturated fat and salt. Making your own at home is an easy way to ensure you’re eating healthier and more natural ingredients.
Hazelnuts and pecans are both high in nutritious essential fats, while the rolled oats are ideal for keeping cholesterol balanced. If you’re prone to reaching for the sugar to sprinkle over your breakfast, the raisins and cranberries add a natural pop of sweeetness instead.
Enjoy this granola recipe with organic milk splashed over the top. Liz loves to source her milk from a local milk vending machine. These local initiatives decrease food miles and cut down on the carbon footprint of your milk, while also providing a way to use less plastic. Find out more about milk vending machines here.
Watch Liz make her rose petal granola recipe
Discover more delicious breakfast recipes
- Gluten-free coconut and pecan breakfast loaf
- Savoury all-in-one breakfast traybake recipe
- Oat and berry breakfast bar recipe
- Breakfast egg muffins with feta cheese, spring onions and mushrooms
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 rsp rose water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp dried rose petals
- 250g rolled oats
- 75g hazelnuts, chopped
- 50g pecans
- 75g almonds
- 190g raisins and cranberries (optional)
- 50g cacao nibs (optional but delicious)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4. Melt the coconut oil, honey and rose water together on a low heat to create a delicious coating for the granola and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place all of the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl, then pour in the sticky coconut oil and honey mixture. Stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture on to a baking tray and bake for about 30 minutes, stirring the mixture a few times during cooking to help everything crisp up without burning the top.
- When golden brown, leave to cool. Store in an airtight container to keep it fresh.