Turkey, cranberry and stilton tart recipe
This turkey, cranberry and stilton tart is an incredibly tasty way to use up your leftovers from Christmas Day. With classic festive flavours meeting in a crisp pastry casing, this recipe makes the perfect tart.
This turkey, cranberry and stilton tart will make sure none of your Christmas dinner goes to waste! Turkey is a lean, low-fat meat packed with protein and rich in vitamins, so you’ll want every morsel.
Cranberries are the jewel in this tart’s crown. They’re packed with antioxidants that can prevent cell damage in the body because they combat reactive free radicals. Antioxidants work wonders for inflammation and help to prevent the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on our skin. Research suggests that cranberries may reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases too. They can helpful for reducing blood pressure and may contribute to weight management too.
Not only this, cranberries are also full of vitamins like A,E, K along with a host of B vitamins.
Use any leftovers from the cheese board to bring a creamy tang to this tart recipe. Stilton bring a strong, rich taste to the tart, and it also provides a high calcium content.
Discover more festive wellbeing recipes
Recipe: Gressingham Foods
- Shortcrust pastry (shop bought is fine)
- 300g leftover turkey meat
- 200g leftover Stilton
- 75g leftover cranberry sauce
- 4 eggs
- 350ml double cream
- 150ml milk
- 1 head of celery, peeled and sliced at an angle
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 85g walnut pieces
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line an eight-inch tart case with the pastry and blind bake.
- Scatter the leftover turkey, crumbled Stilton and cranberry sauce into the baked tart case.
- Whisk the eggs, cream and milk together and season with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into the tart case and bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes until set and golden.
- While the tart is baking, combine the celery, onion, orange, olive oil and balsamic together in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and enjoy with your warm tart!
Yoghurt and berry tart with a wholemeal base