Festive spiced granola recipe
Add a festive twist to your morning granola with our delicious recipe here. This healthy breakfast cereal is full of fibre and teeming with protein to ensure you get your day off to the perfect start.
Full of festive flavours and warming spices, this granola is sure to become a Christmas favourite for all the family. What’s more, it can also make a thoughtful stocking filler for a foodie gift. Simply add to a decorated jar and finish with a bow to make it feel extra special!
Subscribe for more inspiration from Liz Earle Wellbeing
Love this festive granola recipe? You’ll find even more delights in our gorgeous print magazine. Built on over 30 years of Liz Earle’s personal, award-winning advice, experience and research, our much-loved bi-monthly magazine brings you the best ways to look good and feel great. You’ll find each issue packed with tried-and-trusted recipes, inspirational ideas and simple ways to bring out the very best in you. Wellbeing wisdom you can trust is at the heart of all we do.
Discover more delicious recipes
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 250g rolled oats
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 125g pecans, halved
- 100g almonds
- 150g cranberries (optional)
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 a nutmeg, finely grated
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4. Melt the coconut oil and honey together on a low heat to create a delicious coating for the granola and season with sea salt.
- Place all the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl, then pour over the sticky coconut oil and honey mixture. Stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking tray and bake for about 25 minutes, stirring the mixture a few times during cooking to help everything crisp up without burning the top.
- When golden brown, leave to cool. Store in an airtight container to keep it fresh or place in a decorated jar as a foodie gift.