Broccoli and kefir dip, served with crackers
Read more features on gut health
- 500g broccoli florets
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 100ml kefir (homemade or bought)
- Sea salt and back pepper
- Crackers to serve
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling slated water for one minute before draining and plunging into ice cold water. Drain the broccoli again and place onto a roasting tray with the garlic cloves. Sprinkle over the cumin, drizzle with olive oil and pop in a 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6 oven for around 10-15 minutes.
- Add the kefir, a tablespoon of olive oil and the roasted broccoli and garlic into a food processor. Blitz until you have a creamy hummus-like texture. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste and drizzle over some olive oil to finish.
- Serve with a selection of crackers (we recommend Peter’s Yard Sourdough Crispbread Charcoal & Rye – pictured here).