Make a soothing sleep balm for a good night’s sleep
A good night’s sleep can help to lift our mood, boost brain power and support our immunity. Our DIY soothing sleep balm is the perfect treat for helping to ease you into a comfortable slumber.
You can easily make this sleep balm a part of your wind-down ritual. A regular bedtime routine sends a signal to the body that it’s time for bed. Liz loves to apply a balm to her hands before bed. What’s more, it couldn’t be easier to make your own, as we explain here.
How to make a sleep balm
Laced with sleepy lavender and chamomile essential oils, apply this luxurious sleep balm to pressure points before bed. Research shows that lavender can help to promote relaxation and sleep. Feel soothed and calm as you drift away into a good night’s sleep.
Makes one balm
- 2 tbsp beeswax
- 2 tbsp almond oil
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- 20 drops chamomile essential oil
- 60ml tin with lid
- Combine the beeswax and oil in a small bowl. Microwave at 30-second intervals until melted.
- Add the essential oils and stir to combine.
- While the mixture is still hot, pour into the tin and leave to cool. If it begins to solidify in the bowl, simply return to the microwave.