Homemade face mask with banana
Looking for a soothing homemade face mask recipe? All skin types will benefit from a special treatment once in a while. It can be fun to occasionally make your own – especially with teenagers who are learning about beauty and trying out different skincare routines.
This gentle, fruity homemade face mask is easy to make and is excellent for moisturising and soothing tired, dehydrated skin. It also brings a bloom to tired, sallow or grey complexions.
We prefer to use organically grown or un-gassed bananas (the gas is used to artificially ripen most bananas). These don’t have traces of chemicals on their skins.
How to make a homemade face mask
- 1 small ripe banana (preferably organic)
- 25g finely ground oatmeal
- 5ml runny honey
- Mash the banana thoroughly in a small bowl until it forms a smooth paste.
- Stir in the finely ground oatmeal and honey and mix together well before applying to freshly cleansed skin on the face and neck.
- Relax for 15-20 minutes before rinsing off using warm water.
- Pat the skin dry with a soft towel and apply a light moisturising cream.