Easy DIY rosewater lip and hand scrub
Wave goodbye to chapped lips and hands with this homemade smoothing and soothing rose water lip and hand scrub. Made with ingredients you’ll find in your kitchen at home, this super simple recipe only takes a couple of minutes to put together and lasts for up to two weeks in the fridge. Rub into lips and hands for super smooth results!
Although the rose water commonly available from chemists is more frequently made with synthetic fragrance extracts, not real roses, genuine rosewater is available from herbal and aromatherapy suppliers. What’s more, it contains up to 20% pure essential oils. The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities of rose water means that incorporating this fragrant flower into our beauty regimes can also help our complexions bloom.
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons groundnut oil (or any other light oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon rosewater
- Small glass container with lid (mini jam jars work well)
- Mix all the ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon mixture into a small glass container.
- Rub in circular motions on lips for 1-2 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- Store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Loved this? Now read: