DIY Cellulite-fighting coffee scrub
Discover how to make your own cellulite-fighting coffee scrub with our easy beauty DIY.
A reported 93% of women are affected by cellulite. It most commonly affects the areas where we tend to store our fat reserves including upper legs, arms and buttocks. While it’s important to recognise that this isn’t cause for any clinical concern, if the skin puckering condition is getting you down there are steps we can take to reduce its appearance.
Packed with stimulating caffeine, this homemade coffee scrub works to boost circulation, dilate blood vessels and temporarily tighten tissue. As well as helping to buff away dead skin, the sugar in this scrub is also a great humectant: it draws moisture into the skin, leaving behind soft, naturally radiant limbs.
- 1 cup fresh coffee grounds
- 6 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- Grind your coffee beans. (While pre-ground coffee will work fine, we recommend grinding beans from scratch for maximum antioxidant and caffeine content).
- Mix the coffee grounds and sugar in a bowl. Slowly add the oil a tbsp at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
- In the shower, massage the mixture in circular motions onto dry skin. For maximum circulation-boosting benefits, apply firm pressure and trace long upward strokes towards the heart.
Loved this? Read on here:
- Coffee is rich in caffeine which can help to stimulate circulation.
- Sugar is a natural humectant: it aids hydration by drawing moisture into the skin.