Kefir and gut health with Julie Smolyansky
Kefir is a cultured, fermented milk drink that can work wonders for our health. Liz is joined by the CEO of Lifeway Kefir, Julie Smolyansky to share these health benefits and explain why kefir is so good for our gut.
She also reveals why dairy-free kefir options aren’t all that they seem and some ingenious ideas for how we can all incorporate more kefir into our cooking.
Inside this week’s episode
- What makes kefir good for the gut?
- Why aren’t dairy-free options true kefir?
- Is kefir suitable for people who are lactose intolerant?
- What’s the difference between homemade and shop-bought kefir?
- How long can we keep kefir for?
- How do you cook with kefir?
- Who is kefir good for?