Menopause and GPs with Dr Justine Setchell
Liz is joined by Dr Justine Setchell to discuss the vital role that GPs play in menopause care, how to navigate a GP who isn’t up-to-date with the latest guidance, and how menopause medical training can be improved.
Inside the episode:
- How much menopause education will GPs receive during their training?
- How can we seek out a GP with an interest in menopause?
- What menopause qualifications can we look out for?
- How can we prepare to see our GPs?
- Is there any evidence that HRT causes breast cancer?
- What is the role of a GP?
- What can be done if a GP won’t prescribe HRT?
- Why are women mistakenly prescribed antidepressants during menopause?
- Should GPs test for menopause with a blood test?
- Why are there HRT shortages in the UK?
- Justine shares her tips for improving menopause care in the workplace.