Ep 61: Intermittent fasting with Max Lowery
In this week’s episode of Wellness with Liz Earle, Liz is joined by personal trainer, sleep specialist, intermittent fasting advocate and author of ‘The 2 Meal Day,’ Max Lowery. Listen in as we delve into the details of intermittent fasting – an approach to eating that Liz has been dabbling with throughout the year. Max shares how it can help to transform, not only our bodies, but our relationship with food too!
Inside the episode:
Listen in as Liz and Max unpack the 2 Meal Day, including:
- The circumstances that lead Max to become interested in health and fitness.
- Why intermittent fasting can lead to weight-loss and muscle gain.
- How intermittent fasting can transform our relationship with food and cravings.
- How long a fast should last (Hint – it’s shorter than you might expect!).
- The lowdown on exactly what counts as breaking a fast (can we still enjoy our morning coffee?!).
- A close look at what Max’s diet looks like on a day-to-day basis.
- The vital role that sleep plays in maintaining health and wellbeing.
- Why eating late can impact our sleep.
- Plus, Max’s top tips for a great night’s sleep.