S3E8: Hormonal health with Dr. Hannah Short
In this week’s episode of Wellness with Liz Earle, Liz is joined by Suffolk based GP, Dr. Hannah Short. Hannah specialises in female hormonal health, with a particular interest in menopause and premenstrual disorders. Her passion for women’s health comes partly from her own experience because at the age of 35 Hannah had a total hysterectomy resulting in premature surgical menopause. Since then, she has poured her efforts into raising awareness about the importance of hormonal health both in the medical community and in the public eye.
Inside the episode:
- Hannah describes her early experience of hormonal imbalance.
- Liz and Hannah discuss the symptoms and causes of endometriosis.
- Hannah explains what a hysterectomy involves and describes the hormonal implications of this surgery.
- Liz and Hannah discuss the contraceptive pill.
- Hannah explains how lifestyle changes can help to ease the symptoms of hormonal imbalance.
- Liz and Hannah discuss the benefits of eating soya.
- Liz and Hannah discuss the importance of sleep.
More from Hannah: