Surgical menopause and hormonal health with Dr Hannah Short
At the age of 35, Dr Hannah Short had a total hysterectomy resulting in premature surgical menopause. Since then, she’s gone on to specialise in female hormonal health, pouring her efforts into improving care in this area. Listen in as she and Liz take a deep dive into surgical menopause, premenstrual disorders and endometriosis.
Inside the episode:
- Hannah describes her early experience of hormonal imbalance.
- Liz and Hannah discuss the symptoms and causes of endometriosis.
- Hannah explains what a hysterectomy involves and describes the hormonal implications of this surgery.
- Liz and Hannah discuss the contraceptive pill.
- Hannah explains how lifestyle changes can help to ease the symptoms of hormonal imbalance.
- Liz and Hannah discuss the benefits of eating soya.
- Liz and Hannah discuss the importance of sleep.
More from Hannah: