S3E2: Healthy bones with Dr. Taher Mahmud
In this week’s episode of Wellness with Liz Earle, Liz is joined by leading consultant rheumatologist, Dr. Taher Mahmud. Dr. Mahmud is the leader and cofounder of the London Osteoporosis Clinic. From exercise to vitamin D, listen in to hear how we can maintain healthy bones!
Inside the episode:
- What is osteoporosis?
- Liz and Dr. Mahmud discuss how pregnancy affects bone density.
- What can we do to improve bone density?
- Liz and Dr. Mahmud discuss what impact our diet can have on bone density.
- What weakens our bones?
- Dr. Mahmud explains the relationship between muscle mass and bone density.
- Why is Vitamin D so important for our bones?
- What is a DEXA scan?
- What is osteopenia?
- How does exercise bolster our bones?
- Liz and Dr. Mahmud discuss how eating disorders impact the bones.
- How does HRT affect bone density?
More from Dr. Mahmud:
The London Osteoporosis Clinic – The clinic is kindly offering £30 off appointments for Wellness with Liz Earle listeners. Simply quote the code ‘Liz Earle’ when booking in!