Breast cancer, HRT, and what the evidence says, with Kirsty Lang and Dr Sarah Glynne
When it comes to HRT, those with a history or increased risk of breast cancer can often feel left out of the conversation. But on this episode of The Liz Earle Wellbeing Show, Liz tackles this topic with journalist, Kirsty Lang, and menopause specialist and GP, Dr Sarah Glynne.
Kirsty shares her experience of breast cancer after being diagnosed in 2016, and her decision to return to hormone replacement therapy following treatment.
Meanwhile, Liz and Sarah discuss the fear caused by the poor interpretation of studies on HRT and the risk of breast cancer. They chat through what recent evidence actually indicates to help arm you with the knowledge to make an informed decision on whether HRT is right for you.
Links mentioned in the episode:
- Follow Kirsty Lang on Twitter
- Follow Dr Sarah Glynne on Instagram
- Revisit our podcast with Kirsty Lang
- Download The Truth About Menopause and The Truth About HRT
- Read more about breast cancer and HRT
- Read the results of the Finnish 2016 study on HRT and breast cancer mortality
- Visit the Newson Health website
- Download the Balance app
- Visit Dr Tina Peers’ website
- Listen to our podcast with Professor Michael Baum
- Subscribe to Liz Earle Wellbeing Magazine