Ep 54: Carbohydrates with Dale Pinnock
In this episode, Liz is joined once again by the award winning ‘Medicinal Chef’, Dale Pinnock. He’s a super knowledgable, passionate yet down-to-earth expert on the beneficial effect that food has on our health. Dale joined Liz in season 2 of the podcast to chat about importance of eating plenty of healthy fats and is back to talk all things carbohydrate.
Inside the episode:
- What are macros and how should we be dividing our meals?
- Where has the low-carb movement come from?
- How does the body digest carbs?
- Liz and Dale discuss the dangers of high-carbohydrate diets.
- Dale explains the hidden sugars that can creep into our diets throughout the day.
- Can we eat as many healthy carbs as we like?
- Dale and Liz discuss their experiences of intermittent fasting.
- What about children?
- How to get over a sugar addiction?
- What can we use to measure a portion of carbs?
- How can we get omega-3 into our kids?
- Dale shares a half price coupon for his Nutrition Coaching Monthly ( use the code ‘NUTRITION’ for half price on your first month)