Skin secrets with Alison Young
In this week’s episode, Liz is joined by beauty expert Alison Young. Ali is best known for being QVC’s longest-standing and most trusted beauty presenter (where she met Liz!) but much of the work she’s done throughout her illustrious 30+ year career has, in fact, been off-camera. Advising and directing some of our best-loved brands, it’s hard to overstate the influence she’s had on the beauty industry during this time. Strongly against the need for surgery and injectables, she’s an advocate for great results which can be achieved in our own homes, sharing her findings on screen, radio, in the press and on her own website Alison Young Beauty. She joins us today to discuss how we can all look our best in mid-life and beyond.
Topics discussed in the episode:
- How did Alison first get involved in the world of beauty?
- Common questions which Alison receives
- What are the benefits of hyaluronic acid and vitamin C?
- Peptides- what they are and what they do?
- How to tackle active vs ‘lazy’ skin?
- Liz and Alison discuss how to navigate product labels and ingredients
- Liz and Alison explore retinol
- What are some of Alison’s must-have beauty products?
- Skincare and beauty advice for chemotherapy and other illnesses
- Alison’s key ingredients for healthy skin
- Do product reviews complicate things for skincare consumers?
- How to tackle dark circles and bags under the eyes?
- Alison’s advice on high-tech gadgets and therapy treatments
- Liz and Alison discuss the use of different types of light and their benefits for skin
- How long should you be using a new product in order to see benefits?
- How you can use a skincare product in order to maximise value
- What does home look like for Alison Young?
- Alison shares her love of dogs, horses and gardening
You can Find Alison Young’s website Alison Young Beauty here.
Follow Alison Young on Instagram at @aliyoungbeauty
Don’t forget to sign up to our newsletter here.