S5E2: Fertility with Emma Cannon
Hello and welcome to another episode of Wellness with Liz Earle. In this week’s episode, Liz is joined by Emma Cannon — a fertility and women’s health expert with over 20 years clinical experience helping countless women achieve their dream of having a family, she is the author of five books including bestselling The Baby Making Bible and Fertile. She treats women seeking relief from difficult symptoms during pregnancy, postpartum, the menopause and during cancer treatment. With a wonderful mind-body approach Emma offers acupuncture, nutritional advice, diagnostic testing and support through assisted fertility treatments. She joins Liz in the Wellbeing Studios to talk about fertility, IVF and later life.
Topics discussed in the episode:
- What led Emma to be a fertility expert in the beginning?
- How acupuncture can help during IVF and fertility more generally?
- Emma explains the difference between fertile infertile and sub fertile.
- Why is sub-fertility on the increase?
- What are the causes in failed ovulation? And why is it increasingly common in the 20s-30s due to extreme lifestyles of restricted eating, over exercise and over working?
- Liz and Emma discuss the importance of nutrition and fertility.
- Emma discusses her journey to and training in Chinese medicine, and diagnostics.
- What is the importance of gut health in fertility?
- Emma discusses her Body Mind Gut programme at her clinic.
- Liz and Emma discuss intermittent fasting and altering foods and individual diets.
- Emma explains why fertility is a peripheral need to the body, and what we can do to optimise it.
- Emma discusses how we can progress from a state of “flight or fight”, to “feed and greed”.
- Emma discusses women who want to preserve fertility through cancer treatment, and how to help this.
- Emma explains the support she offers for women going through peri-menopause and menopause.
You can find Emma Cannon’s fertility clinic here.
Follow Emma on instagram at @emmalcannon
Don’t forget to sign up to our newsletter here.