S5E9: Digestion and IBS with Laura Tilt
With a staggering 1 in 7 of us affected by IBS, Liz invited dietician and health writer, Laura Tilt, on the podcast to solve our digestive woes. Covering fibre, FODMAPs and fermented foods, it’s a truly enlightening listen — don’t miss!
Inside the episode:
- Laura explains why she decided to specialise in IBS.
- What are the symptoms of IBS?
- Laura explains the characteristics of healthy poos!
- How is IBS diagnosed?
- How have IBS treatments evolved?
- What causes IBS?
- Can probiotics help IBS?
- Laura explains the gut/brain connection.
- How does chronic stress contribute to IBS?
- Why is fibre important for digestion?
- How can we add more fibre to our diet?
- What does bloating say about our digestion?
- What is a FODMAP diet?
- Should someone with IBS eat fermented foods?
Resources mentioned in the episode:
For more digestion and IBS guidance, head to Laura’s website.
Enrol in Laura’s IBS course – the Happy Gut Guide.
*This episode is brought to you by our friends at Bimuno. Bimuno is the daily fibre supplement that increases the levels of good gut bacteria and helps people to enjoy the benefits of a balanced gut in just seven days. It’s simple to take and fits easily into your daily routine. Bimuno are offering listeners 10% off – simply use the code LIZ10 at checkout.