Ep 58: Ageing hair with Denise McAdam
In this episode, Liz is joined by a very old friend – Denise McAdam RVM. The ‘Queen of hair’, Denise has had a remarkable career working with clients such as Cindy Crawford, Yasmin Le Bon and Naomi Campbell to name a few. She was the very first woman to have her name above a stand alone salon in London and also has a number of royal clients. From sulphate-free shampoo to hair-loss, listen in as Liz and Denise discuss all things hair!
Inside the episode:
- Liz and Denise discuss why having fabulous hair is so important.
- Denise shares how her career began.
- Denise explains how scalp health can point towards other health conditions.
- Denise recalls the invention of the hairdryer and how it revolutionised salon practice.
- Denise shares her memories of working with Grace Kelly.
- Liz and Denise discuss the role of the cuticle.
- Denise walks us through best practice for shampooing and conditioning hair.
- Liz and Denise discuss sulphate-free shampoos.
- Denise explains how to protect hair when heat-styling.
- Liz and Denise discuss hair-loss.