Winter spiced orange popcorn recipe
- 2 tsp oil of choice (rapeseed works well)
- 150g popping corn
- 3-4 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 orange, juice and zest
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Sea salt and black pepper
This sweet and spiced orange popcorn recipe is perfect for when you fancy something moreish to nibble on. This is the ideal snack for an evening in watching a gripping film or snuggled up in front of the fire on a winter’s night.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil on a medium heat and add in the popping corn. Place the lid on and allow the corn to start popping for a few minutes, shaking occasionally until it goes quiet and has all popped.
- Meanwhile, heat up the honey and butter in a small saucepan over a medium-low heat. Add the juice and zest of the orange, along with the spices, and cook until it is bubbling and has turned a dark golden caramel.
- Pour the spiced caramel sauce over the popcorn, along with a sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper. Put the lid back on and shake well so it’s all mixed in before transferring into a bowl to enjoy.