Easy BBQ teriyaki marinated trout recipe
A teriyaki trout recipe may not be the first thing that springs to mind when you think of BBQs, but this one, suggested by British Trout, is simply delicious. What’s more, it couldn’t be easier to make. Marinate your fish an hour before cooking to let the flavours infuse. Pop on the grill when you’re ready to eat – ideal for when you’re hosting.
Trout is an oily fish that has a wealth of wellbeing benefits. This fish is an excellent source of the omega-3 fatty acids, DHA and EPA. DHA and EPA are essential for our health. They’re crucial in the structure of many cell membranes, which are vital for the correct functioning of all our body systems. DHA is particularly important for maintaining brain health, while also supporting our vision. Find out more about the importance of omega-3 fatty acids in our podcast episode with Professor Simon Dyall.
Teriayaki is a deliciously flavoursome sauce to have to hand in your fridge at home. If you have any leftover from your teriyaki trout recipe, add it to stir fries or even as a dipping sauce to give dishes an extra kick of flavour.
Discover more delicious BBQ recipes
- 2 British trout fillets
- Vegetable oil
- Half a lemon
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Few fresh chives, snipped
For the teriyaki sauce
- 1 lime
- 15g root ginger
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes
- To make the teriyaki sauce, grate the ginger, zest and juice the lime, then combine all the ingredients.
- Marinate the trout fillets in the saucee for one hour. Meanwhile, light the barbecue or preheat the grill. When ready, brush the grill with vegetable oil to help prevent sticking, then carefully remove the trout fillets from the marinade onto the grill skin side down.
- Brush on more of the marinade as it cooks to build a nice glaze. Cook for about eight to 10 minutes depending on the heat. Squeeze over a little lemon juice and serve sprinkled with sesame seeds and chives.