Warming spiced apple punch
- 2 litres cloudy apple juice
- 1 large orange
- 1 lemon
- 2cm fresh ginger root, grated
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp all spice
- 1 tsp cloves
- 5-6 peppercorns
As the longer, darker nights draw in, snuggle up with Liz’s warming spiced apple punch recipe. It is the perfect all-age friendly, non-alcoholic option for a bonfire weekend gathering or for serving alongside cocktails and mulled wine throughout the festivities of autumn and winter.
- Zest the lemon and orange and then cut the fruits into quarters.
- Next, simply place all the ingredients in a large pan, heat gently and let it simmer for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Depending whether you like ‘bits’ in your punch, filter using a sieve before serving.
- Eating apples brings many benefits, such as helping to reduce cholesterol, improve bowel function and lower the risk of stroke
- More recent research has even linked eating apples to reducing the risk of developing certain types of cancer including prostate, breast, colon and lung