S4E10: Millinery with Jane Taylor
In this last episode of season four, Liz is joined by leading British milliner, Jane Taylor. Jane’s fashion-forward pieces and avant-garde creations have made her synonymous with British millinery. Her sculptural hats and headpieces are highly coveted among an elite circle of London style icons and she even has a number of royal clientele, including the Duchess of Cambridge, Zara Tindall, the Countess of Wessex and Princess Eugenie. Jane joins Liz in the Wellbeing studios to share the history of British millinery, her design process and her top tips for looking great throughout the summer season ahead.
Inside the episode:
- Jane describes how she first became interested in millinery.
- Jane explains the process involved in making a hat.
- Liz and Jane talk through the sustainability of materials used in hat-making.
- Jane explains the process involved when designing bespoke pieces for clients.
- Jane describes how certain styles are suited to different types of hat and different shape faces.
- Jane shares how best to look after your hats and headpieces.
- Liz asks Jane about her career highlights.
- Jane emphasises the importance of a hat fitting correctly and what to look out for.
More from Jane: