Red pepper & smoked paprika pesto
- 2 red peppers, either from a jar (drained) or chargrilled and peeled
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 fat cloves of garlic, peeled
- 150g flaked almonds, roasted until golden
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Zest and juice of one small lemon
- 100ml olive oil
- 100G grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
Keep things simple without compromising on flavour by whipping up this sharp pesto recipe to run through wholemeal pasta or courgetti. It keeps in the fridge for a week in a sealed jar – perfect to grab if you’re short of time.
- Blitz the peppers, paprika, garlic, almonds and parsley in a food processor. Add the lemon juice, half of the olive oil, the Parmesan and blend. Continue adding oil until you have a smooth, loose paste with a nutty texture. Season to taste.
- use 1-2 tbsp per person mixed through your favourite courgetti or pasta. To preserve the pesto, pour it into a jar and cover with a thin layer of olive oil.