Slow-roasted tomatoes preserved in olive oil recipe
- 750g vine cherry tomatoes
- 300ml olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, skin on
- 2-4 fresh basil leaves
- Sea salt and black pepper
It can be tempting to reach for a jar of pasta sauce, but our recipe for preserved tomatoes can bring a moreish kick to your plate of spaghetti. What’s more, this recipe is super simple and only requires a few ingredients.
After slow roasting some tomatoes, we’ve preserved them in olive oil to store as a delicious go-to accompaniment for pastas or salads.
Love this recipe? Try these
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F/gas mark 2. Drizzle a generous glug of olive oil over the tomatoes and garlic cloves and season with sea salt and pepper, before popping into the oven to slow-roast for one hour and 15 minutes.
- Allow the tomatoes to cool before carefully placing them in a sterilised glass jar. Squeeze out the roasted garlic and add to the jar.
- Pour the olive oil into the glass jar over the tomatoes and carefully place in some basil leaves (or any other fresh herb you like).