The realities of being a woman in parliament
In this International Women’s Day podcast special, Liz is joined by Baroness Anne Jenkin, Stella Creasy MP, and Miriam Cates MP to chat about the reality of being a woman in parliament.
The episode covers how the representation of women in parliament has a tangible knock on effect on how we’re able to live our lives day to day.
Baroness Anne Jenkin shares her views on what it takes to be ‘successful’ as a woman in politics. Stella Creasy MP reveals the lack of maternity provisions and other barriers for women in parliament, such as childcare costs. And Miriam Cates MP tells of her journey into politics.
Stream the episode below, or download the recording via Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Links mentioned in the episode:
- Follow Baroness Jenkin on Twitter
- Follow Stella Creasy MP on Twitter
- Visit Miriam Cates’ website
- Visit the Women To Win website
- Visit the Working For Walthamstow website
- Visit the MotheRED website
- Visit the Pregnant Then Screwed website
- Visit the Mother Pukka website
- Visit the The Fawcett Society website
- Listen to our International Women’s Day episode on women in the beauty industry
- Listen to our podcast on medical cannabis
- Subscribe to Liz Earle Wellbeing Magazine
Four steps to a happier, healthier you with Tess Daly