High-intensity weight training and keto with Zana Morris
Liz is joined by Zana Morris, a leading personal trainer and nutritional specialist with over 20 years experience in her field. She is the owner of three multi-award-winning boutique gyms in London as well as the author of The High Fat Diet: How to Lose Ten Pounds in Fourteen Days. She joins Liz in the Wellbeing Studios to talk about the benefits of high-intensity weight training and how eating fat can help us lose fat.
Topics discussed in the episode:
- What is high-intensity weight training?
- Is it possible to be fitter in your 50s than you were in your 40s?
- Why less is often more when it comes to exercise.
- Why running isn’t the most efficient way to get fit.
- How does HIIT affect the immune system?
- What’s the optimal length of a HIIT session?
- What are the benefits of weight-training for mid-life women?
- Zana shares the impact of the 2012 Olympics on women’s approach to weight-training.
- Why lifting heavy weights won’t make you bulky.
- Liz shares her experiments with high-fat eating.
- How does eating fat help you lose fat?
- What is ketosis and how does it work?
- What supplements support muscle gain?
- What is the best exercise for sculpting abs?
- What are the benefits of vitamin B5?
For 1-2-1 guidance, book into Zana’s boutique gyms here.
Connect with Zana on Twitter (@ZanaMorris).