Liz loves makeup at home
Freshen up your look with some of the best makeup products that Liz Earle loves to use at home. Here, Liz talks you through some of her favourite makeup styles and the products she uses to achieve her signature look.
The best makeup products loved by Liz Earle at home
Before we dive into Liz Earle’s best makeup products at home, this magnifying mirror is one that’s really handy to have on the dressing table. You can easily adjust the angle of the mirror to a comfortable position. It also has a fantastic magnifying effect, making applying eye makeup and tweezing brows a breeze!
Prepare your skin
Prepping your skin before applying makeup is a must. Liz loves to use the Jeju Stem Cell Moisture Shot Serum by BEAUTY PIE to give skin an extra moisture boost. Use the code LIZLOVES at BEAUTY PIE for your first month free.
If you’ve been following Liz for a while, you’ll know she’s a big fan of both rose and neroli. This gorgeous Rose and Neroli mist from Odacite is perfect for spritzing on before applying makeup for a fresh and dewy look.
Achieve the perfect base with Liz Earle at home
Apply an even base with your foundation. Having a selection of different foundations will help to match your skin tone as it changes throughout the year. Liz loves to use Yves Saint Laurent’s Touche Éclat Le Teint Foundation and Chanel’s Vitalumière Satin Smoothing Fluid Makeup.
Blend your foundation with a little primer – Liz loves Nude Radiance from Burberry – before applying to your face. Work this well into the skin, sweeping over your eyelids, up into the hairline and a little down the neck.
A creamy concealer can help to brighten any dark circles under your eyes. Liz especially likes to apply concealer in the corner of her eye socket, by the bridge of the nose. She finds Clarins Instant Concealer and IT Bye Bye Undereye most effective. Both last all day, without drying or caking.
Add structure and glow
Bring colour to your face with a touch of rouge! Smiling can help to find the apples of your cheeks. Then simply add a few spots of blush and works upwards into the skin for a fresh glow. These are a few of Liz’s favourite blushes:
- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge
- BEAUTY PIE Smart Powder Blush (don’t forget you can enjoy your first month free at BEAUTY PIE using the code LIZLOVES at checkout)
- Clinique Chubby Stick
- Laura Mercier Blush Colour Infusion
Once your foundation, concealer and blusher are in place, set your look with a light dusting of translucent face powder. Liz has used Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder for years and considers it to be one of the best, especially when applied with Laura Mercier’s luxurious powder brush.
Bronzer is a great way to add definition. Liz recommends this pallet by St Tropez. Use a sturdy powder brush and gently brush into cheeks and under the jawline to create the illusion of shadow.
To finish, lightly sweep warming illuminator over your cheekbones and temples. Liz loves this one from Laura Mercier, which gives a lovely, naturally warm finish.
Make your eyes pop
Highlight the waterline of your upper eyelids with a soft but long-lasting liquid kohl pencil. Charlotte Tilbury is one of the very best. It’s a great shade of soft minky black that sharpens easily and can be used as an eyeshadow too.
Finish your look with a generous lashing of mascara. IT Cosmetic’s Tightline 3 in 1 mascara is ideal for prepping your lashes. Wiggle into the lash line to separate and define your lashes, while depositing a little colour. Follow with Clinique Lash Power Mascara.
Watch Liz’s video below where she shares the simple tricks and tips she uses to make her eye area appear lifted and brows thicker.
Products used in the video
- Eylure eyebrow dye kit
- Benefit Angled Brow Brush and Spoolie
- MAC Eyebrows Styler
- Finishing Touch Hairspray for brow brush
Add colour to your lips
Complete your look with a flash of lip gloss and a little colour. Liz always favours the natural look – these are her best makeup products for creating a moisturised, youthful and glossy lip.
- BEAUTY PIE Wondergloss Lip Oil
- Laura Mercier Long Wear Lip Liner – Plum Berry
- Lip Balm Lansinoh
- Bobbi Brown Art Stick
Donna May London
Liz has recently discovered a wonderful make up & accessories brand called Donna May London, set up by none other than ITV Loose Women’s head of make up – Donna May herself! With 25 years of knowledge in the makeup industry, the team at Donna May work hard to provide real makeup advice and expertise that we wouldn’t normally be privy to.
She has a gorgeous range of reasonably priced make up accessories and beautiful beauty bars. Here are some of Liz’s most loved products:
- This Drawstring Makeup Bag in Blush Pink in luxury PU vegan leather or the washable option is perfect for those mornings when time is of the essence – the bag opens up completely flat so you are able to see and choose all your products with ease! You even have the option to personalise the vegan leather option with your initial!
- The Eye Precision Styling Kit comes with everything you need to keep your brows in check including a magnifying mirror!
- The Eco friendly, reusable, make up eraser face cloth promises to take off even the smokiest eye by just adding water!
- Donna May makes these gorgeous beauty bars packed full of antioxidants, using essential oils to create various scents. Ideal to use on the face or body, Liz’s favourite is Grape Seed.