Liz’s no-bake healthy flapjack recipe
- Large handful (approx 100g) mixed seeds, e.g. pumpkin, linseeds, sunflower)
- Large handful (approx 100g) of nuts, e.g.walnuts, pecans
- Large handful unsulphured apricots
- Small handful sour cherries
- Small handful oats (approx 60g)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 1 orange, zest
- squeeze of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
This healthy flapjack recipe is packed with fruit and nuts and couldn’t be simpler to whip up – after a couple of trials it’s one you can almost make by eye. As the flapjack needs no baking, it’s a quick snack to rustle up in bulk for when you need a mid-morning pick-me-up to dip into over the week.
- Blitz the nuts, seeds, dried fruit and oats in a food processor until they make a fine powder.
- Add the honey, coconut oil and nut butter, then the zest of one orange and the juice of half a lemon.
- Using your hands, mix the ingredients together thoroughly – the wet ingredients will bind together the oats, nuts and seeds.
- Pour the mixture into a baking tin lined with baking parchment.
Loved this? Why not try…