Kombucha and spiced-apple punch
- 1 lemon
- 1 large orange
- 1 litre of cloudy apple juice
- 2cm fresh ginger root, grated
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp all-spice
- 1 tsp cloves
- 5-6 peppercorns
- 1 litre of chilled kombucha
- Small cinnamon sticks (optional)
Take this Christmas party cocktail to the next level with spiced apple and kombucha – a gut-friendly ‘wonder tea’.
- Zest the lemon and orange, then cut the fruits into quarters. Place all the ingredients, apart from the kombucha in a large pan. Heat gently and let it simmer for 20 minutes on a low heat.
- Depending whether you like bits in your punch, filter using a sieve and leave to cool.
- To serve, ladle the spiced apple juice into a cup and top up with kombucha Garnish with a cinnamon stick if desired.