Kombucha cocktail recipes
Make kombucha cocktails your drink of choice over party season. Take festive tipples to the next level with the addition of gut-friendly kombucha in place of sickly-sweet fizzy drinks.
Berry, mint and kombucha gin cocktail
- 50g mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- Handful of mint leaves
- 2 shots of gin
- 200ml kombucha
- Place the berries in a jug and mash them with the back fo a fork or a pestle until they form a paste. Rip up the mint leaves and mix into the berry paste.
- Add the gin and kombucha and stir gently. Pour into tall tumblers or highball glasses to serve, add in a few cubes of ice per glass and top up with kombucha as necessary.
Kombucha and spiced-apple punch (non-alcoholic)
Fills one large punch bowl
- 1 lemon
- 1 large orange
- 1 litre of cloudy apple juice
- 2cm fresh ginger root, grated
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp all-spice
- 1 tsp cloves
- 5-6 peppercorns
- 1 litre of chilled kombucha
- Small cinnamon sticks (optional)
- Zest the lemon and orange, then cut the fruits into quarters. Place all the ingredients, apart from the kombucha, in a large pan.Heat gently and let it simmer for 20 minutes on a low heat.
- Depending whether you like bits in your punch, filter using a sieve and leave to cool.
- To serve, ladle the spiced apple juice into a cup and top up with kombucha. Garnish with a cinnamon stick if desired.
- 1 shot of vodka
- 3 shots of kombucha
- 1 lemon peel
- Pour the vodka into a martini glass and top up with the kombucha. Stir gently.
- Cut a thin slice of lemon peel and twist it, before placing the twist on top of the drink. Add ice if desired.