Hot chocolate with sea salt
This indulgent winter warmer feels like a luxury in a mug, without being laden with refined sugars. It’s the perfect combination of salty and sweet and, depending on your preference or mood, you can tweak how much honey and salt you put in.
- The high cocoa content in dark chocolate can cause an increase in blood circulation to the skin, helping give you a youthful glow
- Chocolate contains a chemical called phenylethylamine (PEA) which causes the release of endorphins
- 50g good-quality dark chocolate (70% or more)
- 500ml organic whole milk (or dairy-free milk of choice)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp honey (to taste)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Break up the chocolate into medium-sized chunks and place in a saucepan with the milk and cacao powder. Gently heat the mixture and whisk, adding the honey and salt, until the chocolate has melted.
- Taste before serving to see if you require more honey or salt. If you like it extra frothy, use a hand-held whisk or pour it into a blender for a few minutes before serving.