Crab bruschetta recipe with watercress and rocket
Make a dish that’s perfect for summer with this delicious crab bruschetta recipe by the Crab Shed. It makes for the ideal simple starter for entertaining. It also works just as well as a light lunch bite.
The Crab Shed is a fabulous seafood restuarant based in Salcombe, Devon that offers fresh, locally sourced seafood. Liz enjoyed dining at this quayside eatery on a recent trip to Salcombe. Watch her video below to see this delicious recipe brought to life!
Crab is an excellent source of protein, and also contains omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 is essential for brain health, along with supporting our eyes and vision.
When sourcing your crab, opt for local fishmongers if you’re by the coast. Alternatively, look for crab meat that features the blue tick of the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) on its labelling. The MSC only provide the blue fish label seafood from fisheries that have been certified to the MSC’s standards for sustainable fishing.
Sourdough makes an excellent base for your crab bruschetta recipe. Not only is it utterly delicious, it’s teeming with benefits for our gut health. Discover how to make your own with our starter recipe.
Watch Liz make crab bruschetta with the Crab Shed
Discover more delicious seafood recipes
- 1 slice of sourdough
- Handful of crab meat - mixture of three parts white crab to one part brown crab
- Extra virgin olive oil (option to use garlic-infused olive oil)
- Handful of dried sun blush tomatoes
- Handful of capers
- Handful of roasted red pepper
- Squeeze of lemon
- Handful of fresh tomatoes
- Sprinkle of chives
- Salt and pepper to season
- Rocket, watercress and balsamic vinegar, to serve
- Take your slice of sourdough and marinade with the extra virgin olive oil, along with any additional salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Griddle the sourdough for a minute or so on both sides, until lightly toasted.
- In the meantime, in a bowl, mix the crab meat together with the dried tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, capers, chives and lemon. Season to taste.
- Place the toasted sourdough on a plate, and pile high with your crab meat mixture. Serve with a few sprigs of rocket and watercress, along with a swirl of balsamic vinegar.