Simple chicken bone broth
A bowlful of homemade broth is the perfect way to replenish your body. It’s ideal if you’ve overindulged and are looking for ways to ease yourself back into healthier habits. This delicious chicken bone broth will help you feel fresh and glow from the inside-out!
Along with being a delicious and warming bowlful, this recipe is full of helpful nutrients for supporting our wellbeing.
This rich and nourishing chicken bone broth is packed with easily digestible and absorbable vitamins, minerals and amino acids (the precursors to protein). It also contains glucosamine (helpful for joints) and collagen to help improve the structure and smoothness of our skin. A mug or bowl of the wonder liquid helps to support your immunity, while working to restore your radiance.
This recipe is ideal for making in batches. It’s also the perfect way to use up leftover bones from a roast chicken or turkey, eliminating waste. Prepare when you have a bit of time to spare and keep on call in the fridge or freezer so that you always have some delicious broth to hand.
Discover more delicious recipes
- Griddled chicken salad recipe with peaches and almonds
- Creamy cauliflower and almond soup recipe
- Wild garlic soup recipe
- Collagen from chicken bones helps improve structure and smoothness of skin
- Garlic contains a wealth of minerals, including manganese, selenium, phosphorous, calcium, potassium, iron and copper
- Leftover bones of roast chicken or turkey
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- Bouquet garni (thyme, parsley & rosemary)
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6. Roast your bones in the oven for 15 minutes for extra flavour.
- Place the leek, carrots and celery in a deep pan, along with the bones, two litres of cold water, bouquet garni and whole, peeled garlic cloves. Cover with a lid and simmer for 1-2 hours on a low heat (the longer the time, the more flavoursome and nutrient-dense the broth). Skim off any foam that raises to the top.
- Strain the liquid through a fine mesh sieve to leave you with a clear broth. Season to taste and serve immediately.