Blackberry and apple baked oats
A delicious alternative to porridge, yet equally as nourishing and filling, these autumnal-flavoured baked oats are well worth getting out of bed. With their sweet, crunchy topping, these healthy oats feel almost like a dessert – a real morning treat.
- 100g rolled oats
- 1 tp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Sea salt, sprinkle
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 100g blackberries
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 tbsp honey
- 300ml plant milk (e.g. almond or coconut)
For the crunchy topping
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 150g peacans (or nut of choice)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4. Grease a medium baking dish (approx 20cm x 25cm) with coconut oil and set to one side.
- Place the rolled oats, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, lemon zest and salt into a large bowl and mix it together well. Add in the apple and blackberry, and place the mixture onto the baking tray.
- In the same bowl the dry ingredients were in, whisk together the eggs, 1-2 tbsp of honey and plant milk. Evenly pour the wet mixture on top of the dry ingredients in the baking tray.
- Roughly crush up the pecans. Heat up the coconut oil over a low heat until melted, then pour the oil and honey over the pecans. Massage well so all the pecans are covered, then sprinkle the pecans over the top and bake for approx 30 minutes until the oatmeal is set and the top is golden and crunchy.
Spring greens and coconut dahl recipe with coconut salsa