Halloumi and vegetable vegetarian kebabs
A little bit of summer sunshine is all it takes to get us thinking about picnics in the park and BBQs in the garden. These vegetarian kebabs from Crazy Jack Organic are a twist on a summer classic.
With halloumi, vegetables and a generous serving of summer couscous, this recipe is sure to please veggies and meat-eaters alike. Plus, you can always adapt the recipe if needed – swapping the halloumi for prawns or chicken is an easy way to keep meat-eaters happy. Prepare these vegetarian kebabs in advance and add them to the grill when you’re ready.
Halloumi is a fairly salty cheese, so is best enjoyed in moderation. That being said, it’s a fabulous source of calcium and protein, making it the ideal picnic treat. Enjoy in the sunshine with a chilled glass of kombucha for a wellbeing picnic to remember.
Discover more summer recipes
- Picnic eggs recipe from Liz
- Gut-friendly strawberry ice cream
- Fresh summer slaw with apple and ginger
- 250g halloumi, cut into 12 cubes
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 8 cherry tomatoes (80g)
- 150g organic soft apricots
- 100g wholewheat couscous
- 200ml hot vegetable stock
- 25g pine nuts, toasted
- ½ x 28g pack coriander, chopped
- Place the halloumi, pepper, tomatoes and 16 of the apricots alternately onto four skewers. Place on grill pan and grill for six to eight minutes, turning once until golden.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a small bowl and pour over the hot stock, cover with clingfilm and leave for five minutes. Fluff up with a fork and stir in the pine nuts, coriander and the chopped remaining apricots, season and serve with the kebabs.