Spiced chocolate orange dateballs
- 12 Medjool dates, chopped
- 100g toasted hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of mixed spice
- 100g orange-flavoured dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- Edible spray glitter (optional)
The party season for Christmas is fast approaching, and thoughts might be turning to the best party food to feed your guests. This chocolate ball recipe is quick and easy to prepare and makes utterly delicious treats.
Flavoured with spiced chocolate orange, this chocolate ball recipe is Christmas in a bite!
Pass around these perfect after-dinner nibbles for a festive treat. They also look fantastic when dusted with some edible glitter.
Download our Christmas e-book
Looking for more festive inspiration? Look no further than our e-book, created especially for Christmas.
A Happy, Healthy Christmas is your 75-page guide packed with tempting recipes, festive crafts and party ideas to take you all the way through to Christmas Day.
Liz shares her favourite ways to spend the festive period, including her exclusive recipe for gut-friendly kombucha cocktails, how to wrap presents the eco-friendly way and the best way to roast a turkey,
Plus, with an added wellbeing twist, you can be sure that your Christmas will be a mindful and balanced occasion.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Put the chopped dates, hazelnuts, cacao powder, orange juice and zest, and spices into a food processor and whizz until fully combined.
- Pinch off walnut-sized pieces of mixture and roll into small balls. Stick a cocktail stick into each ball, stand on the baking tray and chill for half an hour.
- Remove from the fridge, dip into the belted chocolate, shaking off any excess, then pop back in the fridge to set.
- Just before serving, take out the cocktails sticks and spray with a little edible gold glitter spray.
Dates are high in antioxidants and can help to mop up damaging molecules. They’re also high in fibre and are great for our gut health.