Chilli and lime nuts recipe
- 400g mixed nuts
- 2 tbsp olive/rapeseed oil
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1-4 tsp chilli flakes (adjust spice accordingly, depending on how hot you like it)
- 1 tsp powdered chilli
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Sea salt and black pepper
Want an easy snack you can grab on the go? Our chilli and lime nuts recipe is ideal. These moreish, warming savoury nibbles pack a punch for those who like it hot.
We’ve made this recipe using spices and ingredients you’re likely to already have in the kitchen cupboard. It means you never need to worry about buying ready-made nut mixes from the shop again.
Chilli flakes add a kick to this recipe, so tweak the amount according to how much heat you can handle.
Once the nuts are cooled, store in a jar and keep in your cupboard for a delicious snack to grab whenever you need a boost!
Love this recipe? Try these
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4. Add the mixed nuts to a large baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Drizzle over your oil of choice, along with the juice and zest of the lime. Sprinkle over the chilli flakes, powdered chilli and paprika, then season with salt and pepper. Massage it all with your hands.
- Pop in the oven for six to ten minutes until the nuts are golden. Check halfway through to give them a shake.