DIY Cellulite-fighting coffee scrub
- 1 cup fresh coffee grounds
- 6 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
We firmly believe that any and every body is a bikini body, but as swimsuit season approaches some of us may like to show our legs a little TLC. A reported 93% of women are affected by cellulite and it most commonly affects the areas where we tend to store of fat reserves including upper legs, arms and buttocks. While, it is important to recognise that this is not cause for any clinical concern, if the skin puckering condition is getting you down there are steps we can take to reduce it’s appearance.
Packed with stimulating caffeine, this homemade coffee scrub works to boost circulation, dilate blood vessels and temporarily tighten tissue. As well as helping to buff away dead skin, the sugar in this scrub is also a great humectant: it draws moisture into the skin, leaving behind soft, naturally radiant limbs.
- Grind your coffee beans. (While pre-ground coffee will work fine, we recommend grinding beans from scratch for maximum antioxidant and caffeine content).
- Mix the coffee grounds and sugar in a bowl. Slowly add the oil a tbsp at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
- In the shower, massage the mixture in circular motions onto dry skin. For maximum circulation-boosting benefits, apply firm pressure and trace long upward strokes towards the heart.
Loved this? Read on here:
- Coffee is rich in caffeine which can help to stimulate circulation.
- Sugar is a natural humectant: it aids hydration by drawing moisture into the skin.