Beauty boost bars with seeds and cranberries
These healthy snack bars are not only quick to make but a real beauty boost, packed full of nutritious, skin-plumping goodness. These bars are also a great way to balance out your hormones as the linseeds, chia and sunflower seeds contain phytoestrogens. Make a batch ahead of the week so you have something delicious to reach for in a low-energy slump.
- High in soluble fibre, which helps keep us regular, linseeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acid, which keeps our skin plump
- Linseed also contains lignans – soluble fibres which can help rebalance oestrogen levels and fend off dreaded menopausal hot flushes
- 50g each of dates, dried apricots and sunflower seeds
- 100g raisins
- 100g porridge oats
- 30g chia seeds
- 25g medium oatmeal
- 20g linseeds
- 25g goji berries and/or dried cherries
- 25g dried cranberries
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil, plus a drizzle to grease the tin
- Whizz all of the ingredients in a food processor until it forms a firm dough ball, then press lightly into a lightly oiled loaf tin or baking tray.
- Press the dough down to a thickness of around 2cm, then refrigerate for an hour or so before cutting into cubes.
- Alternatively, roll the dough into a thick sausage shape and cover with tin foil, then cut a slice from the tube as and when you need it.
Loved this? Why not try: