Banana and cinnamon muffin recipe
Looking for a banana muffin recipe?
Our recipe offers a healthier alternative to traditional muffin recipes, which are usually laden with refined sugar and unhealthy fats.
These ones are sweetened with the anti-inflammatory spice cinammon, as well as banana and apple.
If you want to up the protein content, you could always substitute half the flour for soya flour, or a vegan protein poweder.
This recipe is from The Good Gut Guide by Liz Earle.
Love a muffin? Try these recipes
Cinnamon, banana and apple give this bake a natural sweetness and reduce the need for refined sugars.
- 125g organic wholegrain spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil or rapeseed oil
- 100ml organic whole (full-fat) milk
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 eating apple, grated
- 3 bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Put the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and nutmeg into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, put the oil, milk and eggs and beat together, then add the apple and bananas and mix. Tip into the flour mixture and gently beat together until combined. Do not over-beat as lumps are fine in muffin batter.
- Line a large six-hole muffin tin with paper cases and spoon the mixture into each one. Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until risen and golden. Remove the muffins from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool Best eaten on the day of baking.