3 ingredient plum and ginger jam recipe
- 4cm piece fresh ginger root, peeled
- 500g plums, seeds removed
- 3 tbsp honey
From plums to blackberries, autumn’s seasonal fruits are woefully short-lived. Jams are a delicious way to preserve nature’s bounty to store up and enjoy for months to come. This plum and ginger jam makes a wonderfully warming alternative to summery strawberry – simply serve a dollop on yoghurt or toast to evoke crisp autumn mornings at any time of year. With only three ingredients, this jam recipe couldn’t be simpler to follow.
- Finely chop the ginger, and add into a pan with the plums. Set on a low heat for an hour, adding in honey to taste.
- Let it cool, decant into sterilised jars and keep it in the fridge.
- Ginger has long been renowned for its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Plums are a good source of vitamin C and potassium – a mineral which helps to regulate our blood sugar.